Tuesday, October 13, 2009

psalm 37:4

"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your hearts desires." -psalm 37:4
i have really been seeing how God works these last few months. however, it has taking me a while to actually see what he is exactly doing. i have/still some, been struggling with going to God with anything and everything. i would just go to him with my hand half opened, not fully extended. these past few months there were certain things i "wanted" in my life. these things necessarily were not bad things however, God had different plans. He obviously knew that these things are not what i need in my life right now but perhaps later in my life. after i realized i was not going to get what "i wanted" i was upset. crying seemed to be the best medicine and then i went to my bible. the verse "Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take." Proverbs 3:5-6 stood out to me. then all of a sudden, my hurt and pain was taking away. i felt content and okay with everything. that one thing made me realize how much i do not trust God and how much i have the desire to trust in him with everything. i have realized these past few weeks that God has a better plan for me than i ever imagined. so now i am praying on guidance from God to show where he wants me and what he wants me to do.

"I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34:4

1 comment:

  1. ashley, this is so good! i am so proud of you and how you have been dealing with the trials God has been putting before you!

    ReplyDelete